What is Pupil Premium?
It is additional funding given to school so that they can adequately support and close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers. It also supports children and young people with parents in the armed forces.
In the academic year 2016-17, Levens CE Primary School has been allocated £7180 Pupil Premium Grant.
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is not ‘ring fenced’ and schools are free to spend it as they wish but must demonstrate that the expenditure is contributing to closing performance gaps between children who experience disadvantage of some kind. The grant is intended to benefit children who are currently in school.
To find out more about we spend the PPG and the impact of our strategy please follow the link below:
Do you qualify?
You may qualify for the Pupil Premium Grant if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income (ass assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.