To visit our new Times Table Rockstars, click below and have your username and password to hand – Years 2,3,4 and 5 so far. Thank you to FOLS for funding this new venture. We’d love to hear how you are getting on and what you think of it.
If you want to use MyMaths on a tablet you will need to get the free Puffin Academy App
Using an iPad for IDL
If you are using an iPad to access IDL then you will need to install the FREE app available from the Apple App Store. To find this you can browse the App Store for IDL2 Mobile or if you are on the iPad now just click the image below:
We have produced some help sheets that outline the way we do things in school.
Staying Safe Online
Web links – originally published on our class pages to support home learning.
A list of Government-approved education resources can be found here.
For younger children, the free activities here can all be done with everyday objects that you find around the home:
For further information on home learning please visit Cumbria County Council’s Early Years Team home learning webpage.
– TTRockstars – times table practise like you’ve never seen before! Practise in the “garage” before tying a “soundcheck” to see if you’ve beaten your best score!
– MyMaths – children in Skiddaw and Scafell classes have personal logins for this.
– Hit the Button game for quick recall of times and divide table facts.
– No Pressure Maths as it says in the title, maths games with no timer pressurizing the player.
– Prodigy Maths covers a range of topics across the curriculum and will scale to the level your child is currently working at.
– White Rose Online Learning – We use the White Rose scheme in school for mathematics teaching. Here you’ll find video tutorials and activities.
– Reading Audible has made a fantastic collection of children’s audiobooks available free of charge without the need for an account.
– Oxford Reading Tree free ebook library available online.
– JK Rowling has published a new story, not linked to Harry Potter, called Icabog. Find it here.
– IDL – typing, reading and spelling program. All Skiddaw and Scafell children have their own logins and passwords.
– Twinkl Home Learning Hub – Twinkl are currently providing free access to a range of their great resources, set out with a daily timetable to follow at home for structure. Free and updated daily.
– P.E. with Joe – Joe Wicks the Body Coach is live-streaming a P.E. lesson at 9am every day!
– Live Drawing Classes! – At 6PM each day Steve Harpster from Harptoons will be live-streaming a drawing class for some super-cute cartoons! The live stream is on Facebook, but the video is also uploaded to Youtube afterwards if you can’t catch it at 6PM! There’s also a huge amount of past videos for a whole bunch of other drawing classes!
General guidance from the Government about home learning with primary-age children can be found here.
General support for home learning from the Education Endowment Foundation can be found here.