How we spend our Sports and PE funding
Since 2013, schools have received a Government Sports and PE funding grant, provided to improve sports and PE provision. It is anticipated that this funding will continue for 5 years. We currently receive an annual block grant of £8000 plus £5 per pupil. We decide how to spend this through auditing resources, consulting on provision, identification of our aims and by measuring the impact and sustainability of our provision.
The sports/PE we are required to teach as part of the National Curriculum are team games, dance, gymnastics, swimming, athletics, outdoor and adventurous activities; the curriculum also covers keeping fit and healthy.
Our aims to improve sports/PE provision at Levens School:
- To increase provision for promoting fitness, healthy lifestyles and general ‘wellbeing’ for our pupils;
- To increase opportunities for our pupils to participate in shared sports events and competitions with other schools locally;
- To improve sporting outcomes and individual sporting ability;
- To offer new sporting opportunities that take maximum advantage of our excellent local environment
- To broaden the range of sports/PE we offer our pupils
- To increase opportunities to use specialist facilities and resources at with other local secondary schools
- To improve the quality of our PE teaching, ensuring that all lessons are at least good and often outstanding
- To improve our provision for both SEND and more able and talented pupils in sports/PE
- To improve the quality and range of school resources for school deployment
- To ensure sustainability of improvements into the longer term.
School has a statutory responsibility to publish the number of pupils within our year 6 cohort in the 2019-20 academic year who met the national curriculum requirement to:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25metres. 100% of our year 6 pupils met this standard.
- use a range of strokes effectively. 100% of our year 6 pupils met this standard.
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations. 75% of our year 6 pupils met this standard.
The following links will detail how we have spent our allocated funding:-