Wow, Skiddaw class have been settling back into school by reading and sharing two wonderful but very different stories – The Secret Sky Garden by Linda Sarah and The Promise by Nicola Davies. In these very different tales, the characters both turn to being outside, nature, music, friendship and colour to help them feel good. We’ve followed their lead and have been doing the same!
The children told me today the highlights of their first week back have included…
- painting colourful kite pictures
- playing with friends
- playing games of tig together and running a mile or more
- playing musical cup games and drumming
- reading chapters of our class story – The Ickabog
- using our amazing imaginations in drama to create believable back stories for characters and
- planting seeds and putting up our new bird feeder
See some snapshots here of our week.