As part of Safer Internet Day we had a whole class discussion about how we can access the internet and what we use it for.
We made a list:
- playing games
- watching videos, tv and films
- sending messages
- finding information
We then read a story called PenguinPig. This story is about a girl who reads about a Penguin Pig online and sneaks out of the house to go and find it but not all was as it seemed.
The story highlighted the importance of not believing everything we read online and being careful about the information we share, Together the children made some rules to follow when using the internet.
- Always tell an adult if something goes wrong.
- Ask an adult if the game or video is ok to play or watch.
- Don’t believe everything you see or read on the internet.
- Think before you click.
- Never give out personal information,
The children have made posters to put aroudn school reminding their friends about how to keep safe.