Current Work Set:
06.05.20 - UPDATE - Aplogies, it seems the last Scavenger hunt did not upload properly. I've uploaded a different version below! - Mr Dean.
All information on home learning will be found on this page - please check back regularly for updates.
Our class email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
A suggested timetable for a week of home learning can be found at the link below:
Please refer to Scafell Weekly Homelearning for specific tasks!
General guidance from the Government about home learning with primary-age children can be found here. A list of Government-approved education resources can be found here. Finally, general support for home learning from the Education Endowment Foundation can be found here.
- TTRockstars - All students should aim to spend at least 30 minutes on TTRockstars per day. Practise in the "garage" before tying a "soundcheck" to see if you've beaten your best score!
- MyMaths has been set for the weekend beginning 20.03.20, as homework. This is linked to our current topic of metric measures. Further tasks will be set regularly.
- Prodigy Maths covers a range of topics across the curriculum and will scale to the level your child is currently working at. It may be the case that teachers will set a specific topic for students to study.
- White Rose Online Learning - From the White Rose scheme used in school for mathematics teaching. Video tutorials and worksheets are being made available as fast as possible. These can be completed at any time, but specific lessons may be set in the future.
- Year 6 SATS booklets - Specific pages will be set by staff at appropriate times - please avoid working through this booklet otherwise. Keep an eye on this page for updates!
- Other tutorial powerpoints and worksheets will be uploaded to this page to complete at home.
- Reading - Regular reading is essential. Please set 15-30 minutes aside each day to read & record this in your reading record. Audible has made a fantastic collection of children's audiobooks available free of charge without the need for an account.
- Reading tasks will also be uploaded to this page to enable children to respond to texts in writing.
- IDL - All students should be completing 2 IDL tasks each day.
- Spellings - Every student has a copy of statutory word lists. Regular practise reading and spelling these words is essential. We recommend looking at 10 words at a time.
- Punctuation & Grammar - Tutorial powerpoints and worksheets will be uploaded to this page to complete regularly.
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub - Twinkl are currently providing free access to a range of their great resources, set out with a daily timetable to follow at home for structure. Free and updated daily.
- P.E. with Joe - Joe Wicks the Body Coach is live-streaming a P.E. lesson at 9AM every day! Join in with children across the country on Twitter!
- Dance with Oti Mabuse - At 11.30 each day is a live-streamed dance lesson with Oti Mabuse! No excuses for not getting your daily exercise 🙂
- Live Drawing Classes! - At 6PM each day Steve Harpster from Harptoons will be live-streaming a drawing class for some super-cute cartoons! The live stream is on Facebook, but the video is also uploaded to Youtube afterwards if you can't catch it at 6PM! There's also a huge amount of past videos for a whole bunch of other drawing classes!
- On occasion, longer project-based activities will be set related to our current topics in the wider curriculum. For example: art - writing a biography on Paul Cezanne or geography- researching a given continent using online resources.